Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mother Of Boys

 Kelly's Korner was spotlighting mothers of all boys. It got me thinking of what being a mommy to 2 silly boys means to me.
When I found out I was pregnant with Jackson, I have to be honest when I say I was terrified. Some of my friends in high school were boys and I have boy cousins but that was the extent of my knowledge of boys. I have a sister, was in a sorority full of girly girls, and even worked at an all girl school. What did I know about boys? To say I have been winging it would be an understatement.
So, what have I learned?
  • Boys are very cuddly!
  • Stepping on Legos and army men happens daily...and it hurts.
  • Iron Man uses a repulsor and arc light and Thor is awesome!
  • Tractors are meant to be green and yellow and no other color will do.
  • Peeing standing up and outside is one of the most fun things they could do.
  • Clothes that come in camo are all they need (with the occasional super hero shirt mixed in).
  • There is a difference in Star Trek and Star Wars (still not sure what the difference is, but apparently there is one!)
  • Bruises and scraped knees are war wounds. They are proud of them. Band-aids make them feel better, but they like to show them off.
  • Cowboy boots and wallets are the best accessory.
  • A day is wasted unless there is dirt caked under your finger nails and need 2 scrubbings during bath time.
  • Saying things like "Please wipe your boogers off the wall." or "Stop sitting on your brother's head!" are a part of daily life now.
  • And most important thing I have learned, I LOVE being a "boy mom"! I love the craziness. I love the loudness. I love the roughness (as long as someone doesn't get hurt!). I love it all. It hasn't been the easiest thing I have ever done, but there has never been a lack of excitement or love.
I adore being these boys Mommy!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Awww, your boys are just adorable!!

I'm the mom to 5 grown sons. Enjoy these precious years.

So nice to meet you!

PS I lived in Memphis when one of my son went to St. Jude. He's a survivor!! Praise GOD♥

emily said...

So looking forward to the fun times ahead!!

You are a great "boy mom"!!

Jenny said...

Your boys are too cute! I have 3 boys and I grew up in Jackson!