When I found out I was pregnant with Jackson, I have to be honest when I say I was terrified. Some of my friends in high school were boys and I have boy cousins but that was the extent of my knowledge of boys. I have a sister, was in a sorority full of girly girls, and even worked at an all girl school. What did I know about boys? To say I have been winging it would be an understatement.
- Boys are very cuddly!
- Stepping on Legos and army men happens daily...and it hurts.
- Iron Man uses a repulsor and arc light and Thor is awesome!
- Tractors are meant to be green and yellow and no other color will do.
- Peeing standing up and outside is one of the most fun things they could do.
- Clothes that come in camo are all they need (with the occasional super hero shirt mixed in).
- There is a difference in Star Trek and Star Wars (still not sure what the difference is, but apparently there is one!)
- Bruises and scraped knees are war wounds. They are proud of them. Band-aids make them feel better, but they like to show them off.
- Cowboy boots and wallets are the best accessory.
- A day is wasted unless there is dirt caked under your finger nails and need 2 scrubbings during bath time.
- Saying things like "Please wipe your boogers off the wall." or "Stop sitting on your brother's head!" are a part of daily life now.
- And most important thing I have learned, I LOVE being a "boy mom"! I love the craziness. I love the loudness. I love the roughness (as long as someone doesn't get hurt!). I love it all. It hasn't been the easiest thing I have ever done, but there has never been a lack of excitement or love.
I adore being these boys Mommy!